Skip to main content

An Answer to Prayer

Its been a long time since I last wrote. A lot has happened since then. We packed up everything into a Penske Truck, said goodbye to all our family and friends, and moved to Kelowna, British Columbia.


Much talk has been made about why we moved. We've said, "Josh wanted to live in the mountains" and "We thought it would be fun" and "We wanted to try something new", but above all else, the very root of why we moved was because we have had a really difficult year because of my health, and poor health insurance. We felt like it would be good for me to be close to my family because it was so hard for me to be away from my family when I was being taken back and forth to the emergency room, racking up loads of medical bills, etc. It just made more sense for us to come to Canada to be with family, and be able to have good insurance that WOULD cover my heart.

So yesterday I got to go to my new Canadian Cardiologist. He introduced himself to us as Peter. He is a very friendly, forty-something, former Czechoslovakian doctor. He asked me to tell him my story about how long I've dealt with tachycardia. I explained my whole story, about how I have struggled with it since I was in middle school--about grade 6. I told him how it didn't bother me that much until I got into college, that I had a bunch of tests done, was put on various kinds of medications to control it, etc. He said, "I'm just waiting to hear if anyone ever suggested that you get a cardiac ablation done." I said, "Yes. It was suggested to me about the 3 years ago, the first time, and my cardiologist in Houston really wanted me to have it done earlier this year." He said that if it was okay with us that he would like to go ahead and schedule the procedure. He doesn't like to medicate people for something that can be totally cured with a simple procedure. He asked if that was okay with us, and we smiled and said, "Yes. We would like to have that done."

So after many months of prayer, tears, blogs, fears, frustrations, and a cross country move, in a matter of a couple weeks to a few months I will go in for the procedure I have waited 3 years for. I will not have to pay $26,000 for it. I actually won't have to pay anything for it above my regular premium that I pay. We will go to Victoria, British Columbia and, Lord willing, I will come home cured.


"For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the Lord."--Psalms 117:2
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. "--Proverbs 16:9

We are so thankful that we serve a God who has guided and directed us. Every step of this journey has felt inexplicably directed and ordered of God. Thank you, Lord, for your love and mercies.

Comments

  1. Carly, that is so awesome!! I am so happy for you that this is all happening now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandon! It feels like a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rejoicing that you are finally finding answers and peace (and Lord willing, recovery) from all the medical mysteries that have been your life lately. missing your smile and your sweet self. remember that i am praying for you- and i'm only an email away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barren Desert

I was standing in a barren desert surrounded with brown sandy nothingness. All I could see for miles was dry earth, sand, and a couple of tumble weeds. The sky was an eerie yellow color with a faint hint of blue. It was a Dali desert. It made me feel queasy. I must have been standing there for a while before she said to me, "This is the place I love to come and remember that I never have to have children. This is my happy place." I turned to see a friend of mine who I've actually only met in person once. She was guiding me through this desert place gently, smiling. I asked how this could possibly be a happy place for her, that it made me feel nothing but anxiety and nausea. She smiled and said, "This is the path I've chosen." Then, I was alone again, wandering through the sandy meadow, quietly aching inside. When I woke up this morning, I could not get that dream out of my head. So rich in symbolism. So... odd. I told a co-worker about it, after I had be

5 Inches From My Tear Streaked Face

I suddenly awoke to my heart beat sky rocketing. It was literally 180-200 beats per minute. I hadn't had a bad dream. I wasn't extra stressed about anything in life. I was 25, 9 months into a brand new marriage, and was living in Houston, Texas surrounded by good art. That morning changed everything. My husband called an ambulance and the paramedics came. I laid on my couch in my living room while they struggled to find a vein to start my IV. Finally, after 5 attempts the iv was in. As I searched for my husbands face and held his hand I was told they were going ton push a drug that would cause my heart rate to beat normally. My heart was still pounding 180-210 per minute, and was extremely irregular. My chest was beginning to ache from my heart working so hard. "This is going to feel really weird" they told me, as I grasped Josh's hand so tightly and stared into his eyes. And with that they pushed this medicine that made my veins feel greasy, made my heart f

Patience is a Virtue

Patience. There's a certain patience that is required in being a woman. Its a lesson that I've been learning for a while now. First, the patience was knowing who I wanted to marry, and having to wait for said person to get ready to marry me. It only took eight years**.... but still. So there were many many nights of tears, wondering why. That story is far too long and we won't go into it now. I'd rather talk about other issues of patience, but I did want to let you know that, yes, patience is something that I've struggled with... at least since I was 15, if not my whole life. So then you get engaged, and then you have to wait for the big day. The wedding day. Then you're married. And everything is lovely. You are learning how to be a wife. How to meal plan. How to manage to keep the whole house/apartment clean. How to budget. How to do all these things and still hold down a grown-up job. And then it hits you. Because there is always something else.